Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yay for blogs!! I am about to be late to a meeting but I'm going to post something so that Melinda won't hate me!

Pretty much everyday something will happen and I'll think, "hm I should blog about that." But then never do... Not sure why. Blogging/journaling has never really been my thing. I just need to make it more of a priority. Ironically, at this moment I can't think of any of the things i wanted to blog about. Thats ok, they were probably boring anyway.

So today was awesome, I substituted for a 5th grade class. Subbing for elementary school is not my favorite thing but if I get scheduled for it, I definitely prefer 5th grade. There a little bit older so you don't have to use small words and deal with tears but they're still young enough that they will draw you pictures and give you hugs. Today I submitted what I hope is the last of my paperwork for the peace corps! yay!! Hopefully soon I'll find out if I am still able to go in January which is the program I was initially nominated for. Its driving me crazy not knowing. I mean, I could be in South America in a month!! Its kind of a big deal.

Alright I am totally late now. Which by my standards really means I won't be 20 minutes early...

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful!

    First, I forgot about how horrible you were at journal writing. Look back in your journal when you lived with me. I still think I wrote more entries in your journal that you did.

    Next, I'm proud of your el ed subbing skills. 5th grade does seem a little better than the nose-picking first graders. I wish you were my sub when I was in school. You tell it like it is!

    And finally, the peace corps thing. I am super excited for you to go because I want to visit you even though I will be sad that I won't be able to talk to you almost everyday on the phone. I hope you go to Guatemala. I saw a picture of it once and it was pretty.

    Oh, and I hope you were late to your meeting. It will be worth it, and I know that you were still ridiculously early anyway.

    Another post please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your comment is just as long or longer than my actual post. Also I love that no else knows this exists and therefore won't be reading it. As soon as I figure out how to make it pretty I'll post it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! Even though I think it already looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete